Monday, September 25, 2017

CARA Approved!



Some of you know that I just took a two week trip to love on the people of India and learn about the culture there. It was a very sudden trip but it changed my life in more ways than I could even begin to write. First thing you should know is that we were registered with CARA the Friday before I left, which was 9/1. They told us that this particular point in the adoption would take on average 6 weeks but could take up to 10. You have to wait that long for CARA to approve your registration and then once you are approved, your agency can begin to look for your child and match you! I was looking forward to going India to learn more about the people but also to pass some of that time more quickly! 10 weeks is a long time to be in a holding pattern!

One thing is for sure, that the devil did not want me to talk about our adoption with anyone from India. For the first two days, I didn't share with anyone about it. The devil kept telling me, they don't want to hear about your adoption, they will probably hide their kids from you. They won't understand why a white faced American is going to adopt one of their orphans. On the third day, the first house that we came to, as I entered the home a child with special needs, Cerebral Palsy, touched and blessed my feet. At the second home, another special needs girl, touched and blessed only my feet. At the third home we went to, it was my time to share. I didn't want to talk about my adoption, but I did. And they listened so intently, they cried and they rejoiced as I told the story of how my husband and I came to adopt and why we chose their country to adopt from. They were excited for us! They tried to find me babies and I had to explain that wasn't how it worked. They told me that they would be praying for us and they were sure we would know about out baby soon! I was so energized and just humbled by God to know that they cared. They were so very grateful that I was adopting from their country. Truly, I was grateful to them, for sharing their lives with me and helping me learn about them so that we could incorporate their culture in our child's life as he grows up.

The next day, when I woke up I received a text from my husband.


Guys, do you understand what these texts mean?? This means, well first and foremost that, OUR GOD IS GREAT! He is so great, because he took a timeline for approval that was supposed to be about 2 months and approved us in ONE WEEK on 9/8! -Praise Break!- After I surrendered to God, told the people about our adoption and had India praying for us as well, he moved mountains and approved us in record timing! We were and still are in awe at how God is moving mightily in our adoption. His hand is most definitely upon us and we are very thankful for that! 

Stay tuned for the next big update... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment